Friday, May 23, 2008

"Kingdom Keys" Graduation Nite

After 12 lessons of Bible Study, I have finally completed the first part of the Kingdom Series called "Kingdom Keys".

At the Graduation Nite I was given a certificate of attendance, and get to go on stage to take pictures with Pastor Joshua and his wife. Just a simple ceremony, but we were all smiles for the whole night. Maybe its because it reminds us of our school days (where we seldom get any awards..)

Alexander was not there that night, but I got the certificate for him and handed it to him the next day. He was so happy and proud of himself. I was proud of him too... indeed it wasn't easy to commit to attend the 12 classes.

Attending the classes was not a problem for myself, because my office is just some 10 minutes' drive from the church. But the thing was that (for the first few lessons) I had to drive through the traffic jam all the way to pick up Alisha, and then crawl my way to pick up Alexander. We were often late for that first few lessons.

I was reminded of a time when, after picking up Alisha from her home, we were caught in a very bad jam on our way to Alexander's house. Class has already started and we were still in the jam. I was so very tempted to leave Alexander at home and proceed to go there ourselves.

Then finally I decided to press on! We picked up Alexander and we managed to reach there not too late (about 1 hour late.. only). Thankfully they don't deduct points for coming late.

Glad that I did not grow tired of doing good, and did not give up when faced with obstacles.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a
harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)

I'll leave it to God about my "harvest", but right now I do feel this 'high' for having helped a new believer to grow in the Lord.

No comments: