Monday, January 14, 2008

Audio Bible

I found a website that provides "Audio Bible" service. (provided by BibleGateway.com)

Now I can use turn it on and listen to bible verses being read as I do my other work. I am quite excited about it, as now I can have one more way to saturate my mind with God's word.

If you have read my earlier blog on the benefits of being united with God's word, you would find out why this so excites me. CLICK HERE TO READ. I am now using it to listen to my favourite "Proverbs".

Along the way I have also put up a link to the web page beside my blog for your easy reference. Oh.. and also a bible verse quick search, just in case you need it.

"Do not be conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:2)

Every time when I hear of preachers telling us how God spoke to them, and led them and guided them to make some decisions, I wondered how they did it. Why God leads them in such a way, but it doesn't happen to me? When I asked God for advice on which decision to make, why is it that I don't have answers from God saying, "do this" or "don't take the offer"?

This verse gives me an answer to my question. The Greek word for "test and approve" in this verse ("dokimazo") can also be translated as "discern". So, this verse can also be translated as such:

If our minds are renewed (by God's word), we will be able to discern what God's will is.

No wonder those preachers are so closely led by God! They have spent so much time reading God's word that their minds are so renewed by it. Hey, they don't simply go up there to preach unless they have read up quite a bit...

(In case you are wondering, I don't know Greek, but a software called "e-Sword" can come in quite handy if you want to do some research.)

No comments: