Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Praying in Tongues Boosts Immune System

I recently came across an article that says our bodies release 2 chemical secretions that can boost our immune system. And according to this article, these secretions are triggered only when we pray in tongues. You can read more about it here.

It is very interesting to know that God in his wisdom has hidden within our bodies a mechanism that only unlocks when we respond in faith in obedience to his word.

Praying in tongues really require some faith on our parts. We do not know what we are praying about or even whether we are doing it right. For those who do not understand it might even look foolish. We just have to rely on the Holy Spirit and trust that He will lead us to pray the perfect prayer. We are actually exercising our faith when we pray in tongues.

This is like a "side-benefit" for praying in tongues. For me, I wanted to pray in tongues more because I wanted to be more "connected" with God and have the Holy Spirit guiding my every day decisions. I felt that I needed his guidance more desperately following an incident that happened sometime end of last year.

One day, I was approached by a lady while walking on the street. She told me some sob stories about how she had lost her money and needed some money for food and to rent a place to stay for the night before she gets some money from her boss who is coming in the next day. And she promised the money will be returned the next day.

Sounds like a typical con-artist, but in my mind I kept thinking, "What if it is real?" So after some thinking I agreed to give her some RM10 for food. They sounded really sad, (by that time there were 2 of them) so I gave her RM100 instead, which was about all I had at that time. They even tried to persuade me to go to the ATM to get more...

On my way home, I kept thinking whether I did wrong. We were supposed to help people, but what about con artists? How do we know whether it was a real case that needed help? I myself have been in a situation like that, and Alisha had also experienced being without a single cent in town, alone and after midnight, where she also asked for help from strangers. So I can't say we should just ignore all pleas for help from strangers.

In situations like this I need help from the Holy Spirit. I thought it would be good if I can know which one is genuine, and which one is scam. Is it even possible? Well, I'll let you know the next time it happens.

To conclude the story, i think that particular one was a scam. When I reached home, at nearly midnight, I tried calling the handphone number they gave me, just to see if they had found a place to stay. Some how the line was connected but they were not aware of it. I overheard they were still on the street asking for money. Seems like they were still 'working'. Later, they ignored my calls and the line was even terminated.

No comments: