Thursday, January 10, 2008

My 'Joseph' Moment

Last night I went out and had supper with some friends to discuss some matters. At midnight when I was driving on my way back, I received an unexpected phone call. It was from someone whom I got to know through another friend, when I handled his matters sometime back. He asked whether I will be free to meet up the next day, which I agreed. Then moments later he called again and asked if we can meet up immediately. I agreed, since I'm already driving on the way.

This friend wanted to engage me to handle a matter for him, which needs urgent attention. He is planning to make a bid to takeover a company, and is seeking my advice over some difficulties because some of the preliminary steps were not taken. He wanted to engage me to conduct the takeover exercise.

I was so overjoyed at the opportunity! This friend wants me to handle this multi-million dollar deal, which normally is being handled by large legal firms, all the while knowing that I run only a small firm and had just newly set-up. I am not a well-known lawyer and don't not have a track record to show. Humanly speaking, there is no way I can land up in these kind of deals. There is only one explanation for this: God's favour!

If I can solve the problem of this friend and successfully carried out the takeover exercise, that would mean a financial breakthrough for me... and not forgetting the other major jobs that will follow from a happy client. The result would be an abundant prosperity!

My situation now reminds me of Joseph before the Pharoah. He was in such a distressing state for a long time, humanly speaking, until a moment when God provided him with an opportunity. The Pharoah had a problem which needed Joseph's help. Joseph looked to God for the answer and said, "I cannot do it, but God will give Pharoah the answer he desires." (Genesis 41:16)

He provided the solution and Pharoah decided to raise him up to a position to be able to carry out the solution. All in it just took less than an hour for Joseph to experience his breakthrough.


One moment of God's favour is able to release a tremendous breakthrough!


Lord Jesus, I ask that you will give me the wisdom and knowledge to handle this matter. I can't do it on my own... please give me the ability to do a good job for your glory. I need your grace and favour!

No comments: